Monday, July 23, 2012

Come Hell or High water

I recently found my self in the Jewelry department at JC Penny looking for ear rings and for some reason I started to look at watches. I don't know why, I have never worn watches but love the beauty of them. The reason I don't wear watches is because I have a big wrist and most watches don't even fit, and I refuse to buy a aftermarket band simply because the stock one didn't fit. As I was looking at the watches this one caught my eye...





Invicta Men's 6411 Python Collection Chronograph Gun Metal Stainless Steel Watch

There were other in the case that looked similar but the size and weight of this watch just called out to me.  My girlfriend insisted I try it on , I told her and the sales lady it wouldn't fit and they were like just get a bigger band for it. I put it on my wrist and it was as if this watch was made just for me. It looked great on me and felt better. It was like I was wearing a anchor weight on my wrist. For some this may be a turn off but for me it was the main selling point. I looked at a few more Invicta watches and asked the price, it wasn't bad, but way more than I would ever think to pay for a watch. Me and the sales lady chated and she told me these are great watches and people collect them, She said the store always get calls from collectors checking to see if they got in any new watches. I thought they were dumb as hell, I didn't see the point of collecting these or any watches. 

My girl asked if I wanted it and at first I was like hell no, Then she was like really? You love watches and this is the first one that fits you good and I can see you want it so get it. I replied look at the price, she looked at me and said dude you just bough a $200 dollar pair of Vesace sunglasses. I agreed to get it so the sales rep grabbed the box and walked us over to the register. The watch felt and looked great on me,  as they were ringing it up her credit card was declined. she called Customer service and we had maxed her cards out. I had to take off the watch and hand it back to the rep. I didn't feel that bad because I wasn't a watch wearer and could really do with out it. As I stood there while she rung up the rest of our purchases minus the watch my arm started to feel weird, it was like my wrist was craving the weight. 


When I got home I started to Google Invicta watches for my own curiosity and to see what all the hype was about. After about 3 straight hours my girl saw that I was hooked and said she would get it for me tomorrow. I told her no, but deep down inside I was thrilled I loved these watches and had to own one.  If there was a Invicta test I had to take the next morning I  would pass with flying colors. My girl went to bed and I stayed up a few more hours watching Youtube reviews and finding stores that carried Invicta watches. Upon my search I ran across this monster.



INVICTA MEN’S RUSSIAN DIVER QUINOTAUR WATCH ROSE GOLD TONE 3845 ANNIVERSARY EDITION


After seeing this watch I knew I would become a collector. This watch is number 1 on my Hit/Get list. It has earned the number one spot because of it's pure beauty and it looks like it is hard to find. I have seen this model for sale in either the stainless steal guts or gold tone, but I have not found it with the Gun metal guts.  If any of you know the where a bouts of this watch please contact me.


This post has gotten real long winded so let me come to a close. The next day she brought home the watch I wanted but I told her I changed my mind so she said well go exchange it and get what you want, I went to 3 stores and finally picked up this,





Invicta Russian Diver Model number 0803

Full review coming in a later post.  Thanks for checking out my blog and feel free to post comments and ask any questions you may have on these fantastic watches.



3 comments:

  1. They do have such a good looking and clean design as the following chronograph from www.watch-collector.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply wanted to appreciate you again. I am not sure what I would have used without the type of information shared by you directly on such a subject. This was very alarming setting in my view, however, spending time with a skilled mode you handled that made me to cry for fulfillment. I am just happy for this information and thus hope you are aware of a great job you are doing teaching most people using a blog. I know that you’ve never got to know all of us.
    Citizen watches USA
    Fossil watches USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me i have the invicta 3845,it is hàrd to find an a dime piece email me at-johnjohn727261@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete